Overnight Acne Scar Removal: How to Get Rid of Acne Scars Fast!
If you’re reading this, then I think it’s safe to assume you are in some way suffering from the scars left by your acne and looking for a way to get rid of your acne scars fast. Unless you are one of those lucky people who have never struggled with acne, you probably have one or two scars on your face that resulted from a war against pimple breakouts. These scars can be quite unsightly and bothersome so you probably want to get rid of these scars and fast!!
All of us have suffered the rigors of the hormonal battle with acne that resulted from puberty and for many of use that is where it began and ended, however there are some of us who still have a constant battle with acne well into our 40’s and 50’s. And even for those of you who only struggled during your teenage years you too may still have pimple scars left over from the trauma. This is why there are so many products on the market today geared at treating acne scarring and getting rid of acne scars fast. Well here are some ideas to help you treat those acne scars overnight. But first, let’s understand how acne scars actually develop.
What Causes Acne Scars?
If you struggle with acne, you probably already know how it develops. Clogging of the pores occurs from the oil in the body, dead skin cells and sometimes even dirt. When blocked, the pores can actually grow bacteria which causes and inflammation response from the body. This inflammatory response causes inflammation in the form of redness, pus, bumps, fluid filled cysts etc. In extreme cases, these cysts are quite large and often times lead to significant scarring ranging from keloid scars, pigmentation scars, pitted s cars and even raised tissues collections. Some folks are more prone to developing scars than others however the best way to prevent scarring that lasts is to start to attack the acne and scars as early as possible. We need to help the skin regenerate and repair itself early on before scarring can take place and get a strong foothold.
Quick Removal of Acne Scars
Scars, sometimes they appear no matter what we do. Honestly they form as a way to help our body fight off infection, and many times they fade and become less visible over time. The skin is constantly replacing its cells each day. Old skin cells die and new ones take their place, this is how the scars fade, but they will not disappear completely and they won’t fade quickly. If quick removal is what you are seeking then there are a number of treatment options available to you.
- Topical Creams – Topical creams and lotions assist the bodies’ natural healing processes and the skin renewal process. This is what will help fade the scars in a quick fashion. This may take some time and since the scars are actually often made of layers of dead and damaged skin there are often better treatments that will work faster. Treatments such as microdermabrasion or dermabrasion, chemical facial peels, laser resurfacing and subcision will often work better and quicker than topical creams, especially for those scars that are more intense than pigmentation scars. Scars such as ice pick, box car and keloid scars respond much more favorably to the latter treatment options.
- Dermabrasion or Microdermabrasion – this is a process that is based on exfoliation. Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells or damaged skin by scrubbing it to remove it. These are two different processes with microdermabrasion being the gentler and less invasive process. They can treat all types of scarring, even the old and thick scars.
- Laser Resurfacing – This doesn’t remove dead skin cells, it actually softens scars. It softens the skin by causing a slight damaging of the skin with the use of tiny and intense light pulses. So since the skin is damaged the body will actually work to heal the skin and in so doing it also heals the tissue that is scarred.
- Chemical Peels – this process uses a chemical compound on the surface of the skin that causes damage to the skin in the form of blisters. These blisters peel off and leaves damaged skin that is then repaired by the body and the new skin is much smoother and softer.
- Subcision – this is a process that is best for pitted scars, those scars that have pockets in the skin. This process actually causes the scar to be removed and creates a pooling of blood that will then causes the scar tissue to become more level with the rest of the skin.
Natural Ways to Remove Acne Scars Quickly
The above solutions are very fast and highly efficient in removing acne scarring. However, there is a cost associated with them. There are some ways to help remove acne scarring quickly just using products out of your kitchen. So here are some ways to exfoliate and fade scarring using products at home. Here is a short list:
- Lemon Juice – this is the best product to use but if you don’t have lemons, other citrus fruits can work as well buy make sure you use sour fruits like lime or grapefruit as they work best. They have an astringing quality which helps the skin. So simply take the fresh juice from the lemon and rub it onto your acne scars and leave it for 5 minutes or so and then wash it off. You can use sour vegetables as well and the better vegetables are those that are rich in vitamin A, like tomatoes.
- Cucumbers and Tomato – this combination of cucumber and tomatoes. You will puree both the cucumbers and tomatoes and then place it onto your face for 30 – 45 minutes. This can help astringe the skin, tighten and soothe the surface of the skin and it actually minimizes the oil production on the face. After the 30-45 minutes is over wash your face as you would normally.
The home remedies will not work as fast as dermatologist treatments but they will be significantly cheaper. A good suggestion is to use them as a combination with the more conventional treatments for a more cost effective and fast remedy for acne scarring. Best of Luck!